Today we have another edition of the Coaches Corner – so no guest today – it’s just me, and we’ll be back next week with our regular interview format.
I thought it would be fun to talk about some of our core tenants and beliefs over here at the Silver Edge. So, I compiled a list of 15 ideas that make up our core philosophy. And here is the list in no particular order.
- We can be in the best shape of our lives after age 50
- Metabolic health trumps weight loss
- There are no shortcuts to a strong, lean, healthy body
- We need to focus on building functional strength
- Cardio sucks for weight loss
- The food/pharma machine does not have our best interests at heart.
- We are our own best health care advocates
- We can be overweight AND undereating
- The common advice of “eat less move more” is poor advice for most of us
- Diets don’t work
- The more restrictive the diet (keto, vegetarian, vegan, etc.) the more difficult to maintain optimal health
- There is nothing magical in intermittent fasting
- We should eat primarily whole foods
- We should eat more quality protein
- The common narrative of aging sucks!
I realize that some of these might be controversial or maybe even triggering for some folks, but join me today as I walk through each of these core tenants.
The links to all the resources we discussed in this episode are below:
Shelly Stettner Interview – https://silveredgefitness.com/episode74/
Free Metabolic Assessment – https://silveredge.ac-page.com/metabolic-assessment
Coach’s Corner – Lose 20 Pounds In 2 Months – https://silveredgefitness.com/episode139/
Fix My Diet Assessment – https://silveredge.ac-page.com/fix-my-diet
Over 50 Guide to Healthy Protein – https://silveredgefitness.com/free/
Want more over 50 Health & Wellness Goodness? Check out our private Facebook group:
Over 50 Lean Body Blueprint Facebook Group – https://www.facebook.com/groups/silveredgefitness